Great couple of weeks with anglers reporting some 'great catches'
- Credit: MICKEY BARTLETT
It has been another great couple of weeks on the fishing front with many local anglers reporting great catches.
Simon Irvine and Paul Marriot headed up north to the Trent in search of Barbel and were both rewarded on an evening session with Simon bagging a great 13lb 8oz Barbel and Paul following up with a smaller one of 7lb just as he was packing up.
All fish caught on Dynamites Krill and Shrimp hook baits with small PVA bags of pellet.
Shop owner Mickey Bartlett has had a night out targeting the bream on the St Ives Lakes Fishery with great success landing four to 7lb 8oz and losing a few others.
Using the method feeder with Dynamites Halibut Method Mix and Stickybaits Krill Dumbell wafters for hook baits it did not take long to get a few fish feeding. Spodding trout pellet at 50 yards range kept the bites coming.
"Our shop St. Ives Tackle is now open for browsing once again but we are still offering a click-and-collect service including fresh stock of maggots, worms, casters, and frozen dead baits for pike," says Mickey.
"If you would like any more info on the fishing available in the area, then feel free call and speak to one of our friendly staff on: 01480 468196. Alternatively check out our website www.stivestackle.co.uk
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!