Hunts match the Casuals to end losing run
Senior Rugby Northampton Casuals 15 Huntingdon 15 HUNTINGDON, who haven t won away since September, travelled to Northampton to face a Casuals side who haven t won a game since Novemeber. Stags looked the better team early-on, going 7-0 up after prop Mik
Northampton Casuals 15 Huntingdon 15
HUNTINGDON, who haven't won away since September, travelled to Northampton to face a Casuals side who haven't won a game since Novemeber.
Stags looked the better team early-on, going 7-0 up after prop Mike Blanchard converted good pressure into a try and Matt Durrant nailed the conversion.
You may also want to watch:
Northampton replied quickly with an unconverted try to cut Stags' lead to two.
Stags then put together a good backs move which ended with a try for full back Dale Ablitt.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
The second half saw a reverse in fortunes for Stags as Casuals increased their efforts.
The home team's full-back scored a try, which was converted, before Durrant kicked a penalty that seemed to have sealed the win for Stags.
In the dying seconds, however, Stags gave away a penalty in front of the posts which allowed Northampton to level the scores and share the points.