Hunts gymnasts bring home medals from county competition
A TEAM of rising stars from Huntingdon Olympic Gymnastic Club enjoyed success at the Cambridgeshire Gymnastic Association annual Floor and Vault Competition on Sunday. Many of the athletes were making their debuts for Huntingdon at the Sims Gymnastics Clu
A TEAM of rising stars from Huntingdon Olympic Gymnastic Club enjoyed success at the Cambridgeshire Gymnastic Association annual Floor and Vault Competition on Sunday.
Many of the athletes were making their debuts for Huntingdon at the Sims Gymnastics Club in Peterborough.
In the youngest age group, Lauren Elliot was placed fourth in the vault and received the Bronze medal overall, while team mate Ellie Jones got the third place certificate for her floor routine.
Molly Gifford won both disciplines in the category for eight and nine-year-olds, collecting a well-earned gold, with team-mate Nicole Williams picking up a bronze.
Molly Hall won the age 10-11 category, Georgina Blackman took the bronze and Jade Strachan collected the fourth place certificate.
It was overall gold for Amber Lowe in the age 12-13 category, with Lucy Rossen placing second on floor and Charlotte Saywell second in the vault.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
Charlotte Tinsley won gold with a combined score of 17.05 in the Level Two competition for eight and nine-year-olds.
It wasn't just a golden day for the girls however, as the club's boys also brought home a haul of medals.
David Ho took the gold medal and Alex King the silver in the 14yrs and over category. Jack Webb won the Level Two 12-13 year old category.
In the 12-13 Level One competition it was a clean sweep as Cameron Furneaux won gold, William Cooper the silver and George Harris took the bronze.