Hunts boys show their potential against Beds
HUNTINGDONSHIRE’S under-11s took on a strong Bedfordshire side in their first match of the 2012 season.
Beds won the toss at St Ivo and decided to bat. This proved to be a good decision with the visitors’ opening pair of Fayaz Ahmed and Rahul Sheemar putting on 56 for the first wicket.
Hunts’ bowlers battled away in the sunshine with Vishal Popat and James Dean the pick: Popat finishing with figures of 8-0-3-27 and Dean 5-1-2-14.
Joe Watling, Luke Dean, Hugo Bell, Max Gordon and Tom Sheldon also contributed with the ball and Beds were all out for 143 in the 35th over, seven of the wickets catches.
Huntingdonshire’s opening pair of captain Mark Saunders and Oscar Bryden struggled to make progress against a strong attack. Bryden was first to go, caught for two, and Saunders battled on to make 16 before being caught as well.
You may also want to watch:
The rest of the Hunts batting line-up struggled to get to grips with the aggressive Beds bowling and were bowled out for 63.
Pick of the Beds bowlers were Sam Willis (3.2-0-5-11) and Arthav Patil (3-1-3-7).
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
“This was Hunts’ first match but the team showed a great deal of potential for the coming season,” said team co-ordinator Martin Dean.