Hunts boys show their potential against Beds
HUNTINGDONSHIRE’S under-11s took on a strong Bedfordshire side in their first match of the 2012 season.
Beds won the toss at St Ivo and decided to bat. This proved to be a good decision with the visitors’ opening pair of Fayaz Ahmed and Rahul Sheemar putting on 56 for the first wicket.
Hunts’ bowlers battled away in the sunshine with Vishal Popat and James Dean the pick: Popat finishing with figures of 8-0-3-27 and Dean 5-1-2-14.
Joe Watling, Luke Dean, Hugo Bell, Max Gordon and Tom Sheldon also contributed with the ball and Beds were all out for 143 in the 35th over, seven of the wickets catches.
Huntingdonshire’s opening pair of captain Mark Saunders and Oscar Bryden struggled to make progress against a strong attack. Bryden was first to go, caught for two, and Saunders battled on to make 16 before being caught as well.
The rest of the Hunts batting line-up struggled to get to grips with the aggressive Beds bowling and were bowled out for 63.
Pick of the Beds bowlers were Sam Willis (3.2-0-5-11) and Arthav Patil (3-1-3-7).
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
“This was Hunts’ first match but the team showed a great deal of potential for the coming season,” said team co-ordinator Martin Dean.