ATHLETICS: Magnificent Moria strikes gold with a fantastic first
- Credit: Archant
Rising Hunts AC star Moria Howard struck gold at the South of England Indoor Championships with an incredible first.
Howard leaped to Under 15 Girls triple jump glory at Lee Valley with a 10.61 effort in her first-ever competition in the event.
Howard's effort added more than a metre to the Hunts AC club record in that age group and also bettered the current Under 17 Women, Under 20 Women and Senior Women marks by 19 centimetres.
It also catapulted her to the top of the national Under 15 Girls rankings for 2020.
Howard's mother Margit Bialobrzeska said: "I can't believe Moria jumped so well. She would have never dreamed of winning the gold medal in such a high-level competition.
You may also want to watch:
"It has been a wonderful start to her triple jump journey."
Howard is coached by Neil Carrington for the triple jump.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
Lizzy Harrison broke the Under 17 Women, Under 20 Women and Senior Women indoor club records for the 200m when clocking 26.22 in her semi-final at Lee Valley.
She went on to finish fifth in the final at Under 17 Women level.