Hunts AC talent Joey Croft climbs into the top 10 of the national rankings
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC runner Joey Croft climbed into the top 10 of the Under 17 Men’s national rankings for the 3,000m thanks to a terrific recent performance.
Croft clocked a fine time of 8:46.79 to finish fifth in a multi-age race at the British Milers’ Club Classic meeting in Milton Keynes.
Croft is now closing in on Richard Young’s club record of 8:43.2 which has stood for 32 years.
Shannon Flockhart is within a whisker of the top 20 in the national Under 15 Girls rankings for the 1,500m.
She ran a personal best of 4:47.3 at the same event in Milton Keynes while Conall McGinness shaved more than a second off his 800m best with a 2:07.81 performance as he continues to chase the 2:05.00 entry standard for the English Schools’ Championships.
You may also want to watch:
Another Hunts AC talent, Jason Hart, smashed the JM10 course record by nine seconds when completing the latest Huntingdon Parkrun in 20.14 – an effort which earned the 10 year-old eighth position out of 210 finishers.
Hart reduced his personal best by 38 seconds in the process while his father, Richard, knocked a second off his own best with 21:04 to take 15th place.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
- 9 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 10 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school