Hunts AC sprinter Palmer break his record ... again!
SEVENTEEN-year-old Ryan Palmer made Huntingdonshire Athletics Club history at the National Under-20s Men’s Indoor Championships in Birmingham.
The young sprinter became the first club athlete to break seven seconds for the 60 metres, breaking his own junior and senior club records in the process.
Palmer achieved his time in his heat when finishing as runner-up behind the eventual champion in a superb 6.96 seconds.
From there, Palmer progressed to the final where he finished eighth in 7.00 seconds.
Meanwhile, nine young runners from Hunts AC travelled to Parliament Hill, London, for the National Cross Country Championships with the under-15s girls’ team of Polly Smith, Rebecca Pedley, Annabel McKenzie and Eloise Webb finishing in a highly creditable 35th place in the national standings.
You may also want to watch:
Results: U13G (3km, 368 finishers): 323 Amelia Darnell 15.50; 365 Megan Wilson 19.49; 366 Chloe Wilson 19.51; U13B (3km, 373) 298 Oliver Pocklington 13.47; U15G (4km, 342): 141 Polly Smith 16:33; 273 Rebecca Pedley 18.27; 304 Annabel McKenzie 19.23; 317 Eloise Webb 19.47; U17W (5km, 196): 88 Eleanor Smith 21.56; Senior Women (8km, 650 finishers): 568 Karen Cameron 49.55; Senior Men (12km, 1688 finishers): 1175 Derek Darnell 53.45.
In a field of 296 runners, Hunts AC’s Dave Connell picked up his 11th win at the Cambridge Parkrun, winning with a very comfortable 15-second margin.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
Results: 1 Dave Connell 16.50; 256 Michelle Finnegan 31.43.