ATHLETICS: Hunts AC Barry breezes to victory in Riverside 10k but host club take team honours
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC provided the top two finishers in the big Riverside 10k in St Neots last Sunday.
Mark Barry took victory in a time of 36.08 with clubmate Darren Matthews finishing as runner-up (36.24).
Host club Riverside Runners boasted the leading ladies with Hayley Bond (43.06) and Scarlet Dalrymple (43.13) the first two females to finish in 27th and 28th places respectively overall.
The exploits of those two runners helped Riverside to team honours with Peirs Serjeant (11th, 40.17) and Stuart Evans (21st, 42.26) also contributing to the winning effort in a race which attracted a total of 438 runners.
Huntingdon BRJ ace David Hudson has enjoyed two terrific outings in recent days. He won the Bearbrook 10k in Aylesbury last Sunday when clocking 32.46 after finishing fourth in the final round of the Peterborough Grand Prix 5k Series last Wednesday in 15.56.
You may also want to watch:
Shelley Duffy (first lady), James Orrell (first Under 17 male), Annette Newton (first FV65), David Newton (first MV70) all won prizes at the latter race.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity