Hunts AC kids have a ball in the Sportshall
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC youngsters were successful at the Cambridgeshire AA Sportshall Championships.
More than 50 club members, aged between nine to 14, took part in the event in Cambridge - and there was plenty for them to celebrate.
Matt Gough was the most successful athlete on show as he dominated the Under 15 Boys section.
He picked up wins in the standing long jump and speed bounce on his way to overall glory.
Harriet Bruce (standing long jump) and Harriet Johnson (speed bounce) collected a win apiece in the Under 15 Girls age group.
You may also want to watch:
Kamari Erekosima won the four-lap race and Alice Claridge finished first in the six-lap race as more success followed in the Under 13 Girls section where Hannah Bridges also took victory with in the standing triple jump. Owen Meadows was a double-winner at Under 13 Boys level. He earned a commanding victory in the vertical jump before he teamed up with Ayo Opaleye to win the paarlauf relay.
Hunts AC were dominant in the Under 11 Girls category as they claimed team honours. Individually, Macy Taylor leapt to victory in the standing long jump while Daisy Coulson-Bascombe won the speed bounce. They also teamed up with Emily Hart and team captain Lizzy Harrison to gain first place in the 4x2-lap relay.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
In the Under 11 Boys competition, Oliver Ford took top spot in the ball throw while Jason Hart collected speed bounce honours.
Another talented Hunts AC youngster enjoyed success outdoors last weekend.
Shannon Flockhart set a new girls’ course record of 7:29 when finishing first overall in the Wimpole Estate Junior Parkrun - a 14-second improvement on her previous record for the event.
Karen Cameron enjoyed a comfortable win in the Hunts AC monthly five-mile handicap race. She covered the distance in a time of 36:37 which, for the moment at least, is the fastest to be recorded over a new course.