ATHLETICS: Individual and team medals earned at Eastern Counties event
- Credit: Archant
Local runners collected individual and team medals at the Eastern Counties Cross-Country Championships last Saturday.
Huntingdon BRJ rising star James Orrell was second in the Under 20 Men race at the event in Keysoe, Bedfordshire.
Hunts AC talent Casper Hiscock took bronze in the same contest over 8km while clubmate Derek Darnell was runner-up in the M60+ bracket (6km).
Hunts AC also collected four team prizes with silver for the Senior Women and Under 15 Boys and bronze for their Under 13 Girls and Under 13 Boys.
Ieva Klavina (fourth, 27.32), Amelia Darnell (ninth, 29.54) and Pauline Stocker (13th, 32.41) were the Senior Women to impress in their 6km race while Joseph Reindel (seventh, 14.02), Ciaran Burke (eighth, 14.12) and Dominic Pauley (ninth, 14.14) shone over 4km for the Under 15 Boys.
You may also want to watch:
The Under 13 races were held over 3km with Alexandra Braid (eighth, 12.50), Isla Fulluck-Holmes (ninth, 12.51) and Caitlin McCluskey (17th, 14.21) earning the girls' bronze and Tom Waterworth (sixth, 11.53), Alasdair Large (13th, 12.24) and Oscar Tomaselli (16th, 13.22) featuring for the boys.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester