Huntingdon & District under-nines start new season well
Huntingdon & District Youth Club’s under-nines have been performing well over the first three weeks of the season.
They began the delayed campaign against Hemingford and won the terriers contest 713-646 after a great knock by Hashim Sueasrawala (20).
Thomas Kidman took a pair of wickets in a good bowling spell as Warboys were beaten 613-405 in their second match, with Charlie Tingey taking a wicket and hitting a great boundary in a return meeting a week later as Huntingdon won 554-346.
The next game ended in defeat against Little Paxton, who came out on top again (701-426) last weekend, despite a great innings from Shivansh Ashutesh, who finished 11 not out.
Reuben du Toit then took a wicket as Huntingdon went down against Hemmingford (902-276).
Pic caption: Huntingdon under-nines are, from left to right, Saifuddin Burmawala, Thomas Kidman, Hashim Sueasrawala, Reuben du Toit, Charlie Tingey, photo missing Genevieve du Toit and Shivansh Ashutesh.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 8 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 9 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
- 10 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing