Huntingdonshire athletes make their mark in national and club rankings
- Credit: Archant
There were some sterling performances for Huntingdonshire Athletics Club – with a number of their athletes making great strides up the club rankings.
Sophie Forbes-Laird was the first of them as she competed in and intra-club meet.
Running over 400m for the first time she clocked 59.4 seconds, a time that not only places her fifth in the all-time list at Hunts AC but is also the fastest recorded by a club female in 17 years.
It also lifts her to 13th in the U17 national rankings and missed the club record at U17/U20 level by just 0.7s.
Jason Bogle was also in his first 400m race and his winning time of 52.9s places him 45th in the U17 national rankings.
You may also want to watch:
Unlike those Morgan Webster has run the 100m before but his outing at the event was his first over the distance in 16 months.
And it looked like he had never been away as he ran 11.0s, a significant PB as well as a time that puts him sixth equal in the all-time club list.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry