Lizzy Harrison leads record breaking weekend at Huntingdonshire Athletics Club
- Credit: Archant
Lizzy Harrison put herself into the history books at Huntingdonshire Athletics Club by smashing three different records with just the one run.
The 15-year-old clocked 18.9 seconds over 150m, a time that removed 0.3 seconds off the previous best set by Iona Newbegin when she managed the same feat last year.
The records were at the U17, U20 and senior ages.
However, not to be outdone younger sister Faith went on to equal Lizzy’s U13 girls’ time with 20.8.
Elsewhere Lewis Wing ran a U15 club best for boys with 17.5 and along with Jacob Preston, James Webb and Tom Waterworth, he also set an inaugural record for the 4x300m, as did the U15 girls’ quartet of Caitlan Burke, Tolu Akinkuolie, Alex Tull and Elizabeth Scott.
You may also want to watch:
Willow Bedding improved her U15 hammer record by five metres, putting her fourth in the national rankings, while Evan Nimmons moved his high jump PB up to 1.70 metres.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 8 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 9 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week