Lizzy Harrison leads record breaking weekend at Huntingdonshire Athletics Club
- Credit: Archant
Lizzy Harrison put herself into the history books at Huntingdonshire Athletics Club by smashing three different records with just the one run.
The 15-year-old clocked 18.9 seconds over 150m, a time that removed 0.3 seconds off the previous best set by Iona Newbegin when she managed the same feat last year.
The records were at the U17, U20 and senior ages.
However, not to be outdone younger sister Faith went on to equal Lizzy’s U13 girls’ time with 20.8.
Elsewhere Lewis Wing ran a U15 club best for boys with 17.5 and along with Jacob Preston, James Webb and Tom Waterworth, he also set an inaugural record for the 4x300m, as did the U15 girls’ quartet of Caitlan Burke, Tolu Akinkuolie, Alex Tull and Elizabeth Scott.
You may also want to watch:
Willow Bedding improved her U15 hammer record by five metres, putting her fourth in the national rankings, while Evan Nimmons moved his high jump PB up to 1.70 metres.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding