Huntingdon U18 storm to cup win over Ives
Gayton U18 Cup Final --- Huntingdon Town 6-0 St Ives Town --- HUNTINGDON Town struck early and late to surge to victory over a competitive St Ives Town. Huntingdon were off the mark inside 32 seconds when Nathan Woodward eased the ball home, but Ives so
Gayton U18 Cup Final ---
Huntingdon Town 6-0 St Ives Town ---
HUNTINGDON Town struck early and late to surge to victory over a competitive St Ives Town.
Huntingdon were off the mark inside 32 seconds when Nathan Woodward eased the ball home, but Ives soon began to work their way back into the match.
You may also want to watch:
Woodward's was the only goal of a feisty first half that saw four yellow cards for Huntingdon players.
Ives started the stronger in the second half before a Simon Isaac breakaway goal for Huntingdon on 51 minutes put one hand on the cup.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
But Ives refused to lie down and pushed hard to get back into the game, making most of the play without seriously troubling the Huntingdon defence.
On 70 minutes the unmarked Joe Furness scored and five minutes later it was game up as Isaac raced clear to make it four. Craig Hill set up Ollie Butler for the fifth, and Jordan Brockett's rocket from outside the box put the icing on the cake.