Huntingdon Town Suffer Another Defeat
UCL Division OneDaventry United 2 Huntingdon Town 0TOWN S poor start to the season got no better as Darren Young watched his side fail to convert their chances. Young made six enforced changes to his starting line-up from the side that came close to cau
UCL Division One
Daventry United 2 Huntingdon Town 0
TOWN'S poor start to the season got no better as Darren Young watched his side fail to convert their chances.
Young made six enforced changes to his starting line-up from the side that came close to causing an upset in midweek, when they were narrowly beaten 2-1 by Stewart and Lloyds Corby in the League Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Young said: "Considering the changes I was very satisfied with the overall effort but we must start converting all the chances we are making."
In the first half Town were a bit disjointed but could have taken the lead on two occasions when Nicki Young and Simon Isaac spurned chances.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
Daventry's Bobby Lea showed them how with a snap shot after 39 minutes to give the Royal Oak Way side the advantage at the break.
Town dominated much of the second period with Nicki Young, Ricky Marheineke, and Lee Bassett missing chances.
Once again the home team bagged the only goal of the half when a melee in the box saw the ball fall to the feet of Leigh Roberts, who made the points safe a minute before the hour mark.