Huntingdon Town Split With Manager Young
HUNTINGDON Town manager Darren Young has left the club by mutual consent after their FA Vase exit at the weekend. Town — who lie bottom of United Counties League Division One with one point from four games — crumbled to a 5-1 defeat at Leiston on Saturday
HUNTINGDON Town manager Darren Young has left the club by mutual consent after their FA Vase exit at the weekend.
Town - who lie bottom of United Counties League Division One with one point from four games - crumbled to a 5-1 defeat at Leiston on Saturday.
Huntingdon chairman Hans Reif told The Hunts Post: "The committee met with Darren to discuss various issues on and off the field which has led to Darren leaving the club by mutual consent.
"The committee wish him all the best for the future and hope to announce a new appointment in the next fortnight."
You may also want to watch:
Young replaced Paul Swannell in the Jubilee Park hot seat last year and guided his side to fourth place in UCL Division One in his first season, missing out on promotion on goal difference.
However, after Huntingdon's miserable start to the new season, Young has now left the club.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
Huntingdon's next fixture is on October 4 when they travel to unbeaten AFC Kempston Rovers.