Huntingdon Town 0 Daventry United 1
HUNTINGDON Town were defeated for the first time in eight games by Daventry United at Jubilee Park. A strengthened Daventry continued their push for promotion with a one-nil win. Joel Young s goal six minutes before the break was enough to ensure United
HUNTINGDON Town were defeated for the first time in eight games by Daventry United at Jubilee Park.
A strengthened Daventry continued their push for promotion with a one-nil win.
Joel Young's goal six minutes before the break was enough to ensure United took the points and did the double over Huntingdon.
"We were disappointed as we were not very good in the first half but we were much better in the second when we absolutely battered them. I think we deserved more from the game," said Huntingdon manager Martyn Ray.
You may also want to watch:
"We didn't create lots of chances but we did all right and we had a couple of good opportunities to score. We had six corners on the trot and 12 or 13 total in the second half but we just couldn't score.
"On the first half display they should have won but then they didn't cause us any problems after the break. If we keep playing like this, we'll win more than we'll lose.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
"We upped the tempo after they scored. In the first half we were second best and at times it was like we were waiting for them to score. In the second half we came out and played really well but obviously we couldn't score.
"We hadn't lost in eight before this game. Now we have to turn our possession into results as after the second half display we should've got something.