SAILING: Giles Scott going for Olympic gold again
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon star Giles Scott has been given the green light to defend his Olympic Games crown.
Scott is one of a dozen sailors selected to represent Great Britain in Tokyo next summer.
The 32 year-old, who took up the sport at Grafham Water as a youngster, stormed to gold in the Finn class in Rio four years ago.
And he will be one of the favourites for glory again in the Far East next summer after taking bronze in the Tokyo Test Event back in August.
Scott boasts a glittering CV which featured four senior World Championship wins along with successes at youth and junior levels.
You may also want to watch:
He is also a multiple European champion with his latest victory at that level arriving earlier this year.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house