Huntingdon Stags win on home return
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon made a triumphant return to the Racecourse for the first time in seven weeks.
Stags sank Market Rasen & Louth 26-21 in Midlands Division One (East) last Saturday despite being some way short of their best.
Dan Malem kicked four penalties and two conversions to contribute more than half of Huntingdon’s points.
Three of those penalties arrived late in the second half as a four-point deficit was turned into a five-point victory.
Prop Steve Chantler and centre Billy Bates went over for Huntingdon’s two tries as they emerged victorious from their first home clash since late October.
You may also want to watch:
Mid-table Huntingdon are back on the road on Saturday when visiting third-placed Old Northamptonians.
Jim Robinson kicked two penalties as St Ives were beaten 20-6 at Long Buckby in Midlands Division Three East (South). They host Northampton Casuals on Saturday.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity