Huntingdon’s George Furbank ready to help England build on their Six Nations success
- Credit: PA
George Furbank played a starring role as England clinched the delayed Six Nations title – and is now looking forward to the autumn tests.
The former Huntingdon Rugby club mini and junior collected his third cap in the 34-5 success over Italy.
And he is included in the 36-man strong training squad ahead of the Autumn Nations Cup campaign, which starts against Georgia at Twickenham on Saturday.
Further matches follow against Ireland and Wales before a final fixture to decide their placing.
Captain Owen Farrell said: “This is a great group. We really think we can get better and achieve more. We want consistent success and we’re working hard in each game.
You may also want to watch:
“We know how difficult things are for everyone at the moment and we’ve been saying how we want to do our bit to make people smile. Hopefully we’ve done that [against Italy] and we’ll do more of the same throughout the autumn.”
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse