Huntingdon Rowdies U12s play high-scoring intra-club match to round off 2020
- Credit: SPENCER O'LEARY
The two Huntingdon Rowdies U12 sides battled head-to-head in a high scoring encounter at Jubilee Park - with the Green Sox claiming a 9-3 win over the White Sox.
The Green Sox made the better start, striding into a quick 3-0 lead thanks to two goals from Josh Smith and one from Riordan.
But the White Sox soon gave them a wake-up call, however, as a double from Jake Holman hauled them back to within one.
And fully focused again, the Greens restored their three-goal lead thanks to another Smith goal and a penalty converted by Zane Smith.
The lead was further increased early in the second half as substitute Carter made an instant impact to score and put the Green Sox 6-2 ahead.
Swayles pulled one back for the White Sox but the Green’s finished the game off with another three.
Kovalevsaa got the first of them before the dynamic Smith duo returned to the scoring charts, Zane and Josh both scoring with the latter completing an impressive hat trick.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 7 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 8 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns