Huntingdon racer Danny King ‘loved every minute’ of his British Speedway Grand Prix experience - and now he wants a place in the World Cup Final
- Credit: Archant
Danny King has described his involvement in the British Speedway Grand Prix as an ‘unforgettable experience’.
The Huntingdon racer lined up in the World Championship event after being crowned British champion last month.
And he did himself proud by collecting seven points from his five rides at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff.
King recovered from last places in his opening two outings before signing off with victory in his final ride in heat 19 when his rivals included three-time world champion and current series leader, Greg Hancock.
“I loved every single minute of it,” said King. “It is an experience I will never forget and I would love to sample it again.
You may also want to watch:
“I have to admit it was pretty emotional to hear such a great reaction from the crowd when I won my last race.
“I’m proud of the way I performed – it’s just a shame about the last places otherwise I may well have made the semi-finals.”
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
The next target for King is being part of the Great Britain team for the World Cup final.
The four-man GB side is due to be announced in the coming days for the event at the National Speedway Stadium in Manchester – the scene of King’s recent British Final success.
“I feel my form is good enough to be in the team,” added King. “I have proved that by winning the British title and scoring points in a GP.
“I’m desperate to race for my country again and I will be gutted if I don’t make the team.”