Huntingdon puts in an impressive win
Huntingdon Town 2-1 Bugbrooke St Michaels HUNTINGDON Town secured their UCL Division 1 status for next year with an impressive win over Bugbrooke St Michaels on Saturday. Huntingdon s difficult season began with defeat away to Bugbrooke in August, but pr
Huntingdon Town 2-1 Bugbrooke St Michaels
HUNTINGDON Town secured their UCL Division 1 status for next year with an impressive win over Bugbrooke St Michaels on Saturday.
Huntingdon's difficult season began with defeat away to Bugbrooke in August, but promises to finish on a high after they came from behind to snatch their first victory in six games. The win moves them a point clear of the re-election positions at the expense of Olney Town, who have no more games to play.
Visitors Bugbrooke took the lead at Jubilee Park after 19 minutes when Shaun Daly scored his seventh goal of the season, and held the lead until half-time. After the break, Huntingdon had the better of the game, and within seven minutes were on level terms through Joel Furness. It wasn't until 82 minutes that Huntingdon could make their pressure count, when Lee Booker scored to seal the victory.
You may also want to watch:
The win completes a remarkable comeback for Town, who rescued a vital point from 2-0 down against Olney just a fortnight ago. That draw proved to be crucial for both teams, as Olney will now face re-election to league along with Irchester United. Huntingdon have one league game remaining, away to Thrapston on Friday.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k