SCHOOL SPORT: Success for St John’s in first-ever futsal event
- Credit: Archant
The first-ever Year5/6 mixed futsal tournament laid on by the Hunts School Sports Partnership was won by St John’s CofE Primary School.
The Huntingdon pupils beat off competition from five other schools in the event held at Ernulf Academy, in St Neots, recently.
Matches were played in a round-robin format with champions St John's going on to represent Hunts in the regional finals next year.
Other schools to take part were Bury CofE Primary School, Crosshall Junior School, Spaldwick Community Primary School, Thorndown Primary School and Westfield Junior School.
Futsal is an indoor version of football played between teams made up of five players and using a heavier ball.
You may also want to watch:
The final Hunts School Sports Partnership competition of 2020 takes place this Wednesday as Year 5/6 girls teams take part in their futsal event.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan