Huntingdon out to snap their losing streak
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon are out to avoid their worst run of results for six years when resuming their Midlands Division One East season tomorrow.
Stags have slipped down the standings during a run of four successive defeats ahead of a home clash against Ilkeston at The Racecourse (2.15pm).
They haven’t lost five league games in a row since 2009 and head coach Damien Whales does not want that to happen now.
He said: “We need to get out of this losing run as quickly as possible.
“Two of the recent defeats were suffered when conceding on the last play of a game and three of the losses were on the road. We are traditionally a much stronger side at home than on our travels and we need to shake off the frustration and get back to winning ways this Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“We also cannot display the sort of poor discipline which cost us dear in our last game at Wellingborough.
“We must not allow the officiating to have the sort of impact on our performance that it did that day. We need to focus on the things we can control - not those we can’t.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
St Ives bid to climb off the bottom of Midlands Division Three East (South) when they travel to Stockwood Park tomorrow while St Neots host Rugby St Andrews at the same level.