Huntingdon Ladies win clash of league leaders
Huntingdon 2-0 Cambridge South 0 --- HUNTINGDON Ladies won the top of the table clash against a powerful Cambridge South outfit who started with pace but created few chances. Huntingdon looked to use their possession well and a long Bernice Bales pass fo
Huntingdon 2-0 Cambridge South 0 ---
HUNTINGDON Ladies won the top of the table clash against a powerful Cambridge South outfit who started with pace but created few chances.
Huntingdon looked to use their possession well and a long Bernice Bales pass found the speedy Pinky O'Neill who rattled in a fine goal.
Hunters absorbed further pressure but before half-time O'Neill tore the opposition defence to shreds and bagged a second goal.
Hunters absorbed the Cambridge South pressure after the break, with keeper Paddy Patrick making a couple of crucial saves and with player of the match Cora Davies outstanding, the defence held out to the final whistle.
Vauxhall Chiltern II 2-1 St Neots III
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
ST NEOTS Ladies took a shock lead after ten minutes when a fine solo effort by Billie Smith put them ahead.
Further chances followed and they were twice denied penalty claims in the first period. Vauxhall came out for the second half with more purpose and the pressure was too much for the St Neots defence who conceded an equaliser. Vauxhall drove home the advantage with a second shortly after.
Harleston Magpies 2-4 St Ives 4
ST IVES got off to a solid start as they looked for the points to keep them in contention at the top of the table.
After continued pressure St Ives broke the deadlock with a coolly converted flick courtesy of Mel Wood, but they were brought back to reality when Harleston equalised from a penalty corner against the run of play.
The second half began with more pressure from Ives and the reward followed when the pace of Juliet Moynan's shot beat the keeper.
An unlucky decision against Ives gave Harleston a goal to square the score a second time, but Saints still pressed for the points.
A mix-up in the D allowed Helen Clarke to slot the ball into the back of the net to regain the lead, Clarke made it four when she collected a pass from Juliet Moynan to knock in on the back post.