New home christened with derby win for Huntingdon Ladies Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Ladies Hockey Club’s first game at their new home proved a successful one.
The club are now based at Northstowe Secondary School in Longstanton and St Ives were the first visitors for an East Hockey League Division Four North West (South) fixture.
The rain that tipped down didn’t dampen spirits either and Huntingdon looked comfortable in their new surroundings from the off.
They were a goal to the good by half-time, Emily Skidmore latching onto the end of a well-worked move, and they added another two in the second period with relentless attacking, Skidmore getting her second and Natalie Park the third after good work from captain Cora Davies.
St Ives pulled one back in the closing few minutes but the final whistle brought celebrations for the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon Ladies train at Kimbolton School at 7.30pm each Tuesday and players of any age or ability are welcome.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph