Huntingdon IBC Ladies cruise past Melton Mowbray
HUNTINGDON Indoor Bowls Club ladies enjoyed a comfortable victory over Melton Mowbray IBC in the Vivienne Trophy. A 94-60 shots win was proof that the Huntingdon ladies, captained by Joan Hatton, weren t the ones bowling pies. Pride of place went to Joan
HUNTINGDON Indoor Bowls Club ladies enjoyed a comfortable victory over Melton Mowbray IBC in the Vivienne Trophy.
A 94-60 shots win was proof that the Huntingdon ladies, captained by Joan Hatton, weren't the ones bowling pies.
Pride of place went to Joan Rogers' rink at home as the opposition melted away to a 32-8 defeat, while Jenny Diamond's rink played a gem of a game to win 23-17.
At Melton, Margaret Hodgkin's rink suffered a narrow two-shot loss, going down 17-19, but Glynis Cousins led her rink to an outstanding 22-16 win.
You may also want to watch:
The success takes HIBC to Acle for the next round of the competition.
In the County League last week "Joan's girls" kept in touch with the top of the table after taking 31/2 points from Soham.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
Nicky Verlander's rink shared a19-19 result at Soham but Pat Purssord's group were put to the sword, going down 28-8.
At Huntingdon, the two home rinks both met with success as Joan Rogers led her rink to a 21-16 win and Heather Brace's rink redressed the balance with 24-13 victory.
The only blot on a good week was the Mason A defeat to Boston IBC. Jean Whittamore and partners held on for a 19-19 draw but Brace was unable to repeat the success of the day before and crashed 16-23 to a good Boston rink.