Huge medal haul for Huntingdon Gymnastics Club at regional finals
- Credit: HUNTINGDON GYMNASTICS
Huntingdon Gymnastics Club enjoyed a medal-laden trip to the regional finals - with five of their talented young stars shining brightly.
The Classic Challenge Copper Level Competition was the quintet's first since the restrictions and pitted the top three gymnasts from each county across East Anglia.
Alexia Spencer’s efforts in the nine-years category started the medal rush as she picked up third overall with gold on the floor and vault.
Scarlet Hyde claimed the 12 years' title with a superb performance across all four apparatus, taking gold on vault and floor and bronze on bars.
Training partner Amber Morgan just missed out on the overall podium in fourth but took gold on bars and beam and bronze on vault.
Jocelyn Spencer was second overall in the 10-11 years group with individual gold on beam and silver on vault.
Hana Tatano worked well across the four apparatus for 11th place finish with a brilliant fourth on the floor.
- 1 Plans to improve safety and cut congestion in new A141 and St Ives scheme
- 2 Man who crashed into house is banned from driving
- 3 Drunk mother who allegedly dropped child under arrest
- 4 St Ives cocaine dealer is jailed
- 5 Vital improvements for St Neots town centre move a step closer
- 6 The Courtyard in St Ives is ready welcome people this winter
- 7 Family marking Patrick Kenny's memory by walking 350 miles
- 8 Motorcyclist left fighting for his life following serious crash in St Ives
- 9 Burglar wakes and violently attacks victim to steal her phone
- 10 Sherry and chocolate help Bill reach his 103rd birthday
Club coaches Rosie Stanford and Charlotte McKenna said: "We are incredibly proud of all the girls who have worked tirelessly to get back to competitive action.
"The results at the regional finals were just reward for all their efforts."