Huntingdon & District Rugby Club boosted by Bellway sponsorship
- Credit: HDRFC
Huntingdon & District Rugby Club will head into the new season with a new name across the front of the strips - after securing a £3,000 sponsorship deal.
Housebuilder Bellway, will sponsor the Racecourse-based club for three years and will provide the senior team with branded warm-up T-shirts and training tops.
Huntingdon chairman, Nick Wilcox, said: “We are very grateful to Bellway Eastern Counties and Bellway Northern Home Counties for their kind contribution, which will go a long way in enabling us to purchase much-needed equipment and supplies for our teams.
“We are particularly thankful for their sponsorship at time where many clubs are losing funding or struggling to find financial support from businesses.
“The club is organised exclusively by volunteers and backing from local people and businesses is essential to what we do.”
The club, which was established in 1935, has 15 teams with players of all ages and abilities, including three adult teams, as well as colts, veterans and juniors from U6 to U15.
- 1 Flood devastation as villagers are forced to clear drains with their bare hands
- 2 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 5 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 6 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 7 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 8 Ramsey College takes part in international research project
- 9 Freedom Day postponed - 'it's better to be safe than sorry', say readers
- 10 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital