Huntingdon can’t w-eight
HUNTINGDON Town manager Ricky Marheineke was full of praise for his players after their fantastic 8-0 over Potton United on Saturday.
He told The Hunts Post the result was the perfect preparation for the FA Cup game against Bugbrooke St Michael on Saturday.
“It has given us a big lift,” he said. “The squad is playing so well and a result like that means we go into this game full of confidence.”
Ben Cromer and Jamie Blackwell both scored twice while Declan Rogers, Daniel Drane, Joe Jordan and Dan Moyes also got in on the act.
And Marheineke believes his side got the perfect draw in this round too – while St Ives and Godmanchester will be lucky if they make it through to the next round.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a great draw to get someone else in our league,” he said. “We are feeling ruthless and it’s a team we know – if they have an off-day we will make them pay.
“Considering who we might have been drawn against at this stage, I’m very happy. I couldn’t have asked for a better draw.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
“When you look at the quality of the teams St Ives and Godmanchester have been drawn against, we have a much better chance of making the next round.”