ATHLETICS: Hudson finishes as runner-up while husband and wife earn age-group honours
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ man David Hudson was runner-up in the big Folksworth 15 last Sunday.
Hudson produced a strong defence of his title after winning the 15-mile test, over a hilly course, the previous year.
This time around he completed in a time of 1:20.03 to come home second out of more than 450 runners - more than two-and-a-half minutes behind winner Aaron Scott.
Husband and wife, David and Annette Newton, added more trophies to their vast collection with age-group honours.
David took the MV70 spoils in 1:56.05 with Annette the first lady home in the FV65 bracket in 2:06.02.
You may also want to watch:
Other BRJ runners included Kevin Claypole (1:38.0), Neil Jarvis (1:42.0), Ian Shipley (1:53.5), Hannah Brickell (1:56.3), Melanie Whiffin (1:58.2), John Parker (1:58.3), Anna Douglas (2:01.0), Thomas Mann (2:05.0), Alison Orrell (2:06.0), Jane Roberts (2:07.0) Alice Edwards (2:09.03), David Charman (2:11.0), Cheryl Hannibal (2:25,.0), Jeremy Bottley (2:39.0), Melanie Gearing (2:53.0) and Sue Yendley (2:53.0).
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Thousands of families tipped on to universal credit due to Covid-19