Huntingdon and Eynesbury share the points
United Counties League Division One EYNESBURY ROVERS 2 HUNTINGDON TOWN 2 FOR the fourth league match in a row Eynesbury Rovers finished with just a point as they drew 2-2 at home with Huntingdon Town. However, Rovers had to battle back from 2-0 down in
United Counties League Division One
EYNESBURY ROVERS 2 HUNTINGDON TOWN 2
FOR the fourth league match in a row Eynesbury Rovers finished with just a point as they drew 2-2 at home with Huntingdon Town.
However, Rovers had to battle back from 2-0 down in this local derby and the point was enough to move them into second place in Division One.
In a game of few clear cut chances Huntingdon had the first effort on target but Paul Neville's shot was comfortably held by Dave Beeny.
Rovers' best move came down the right as Jamie Graham beat two defenders before finding Ashley Favell. He laid the ball back to the edge of the penalty area but Dwayne Rankin's shot was blocked by a defender.
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 3 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 4 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 5 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 9 Anglian Water seeks funding to secure the future of an ancient Sea Monster
- 10 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
The visitors took a 32nd minute lead when former Rovers striker Ian Dawkes fed Lee Bassett down the left. Bassett cut inside the penalty area before slotting the ball past Beeny.
Just before the break Eynesbury pressed for an equaliser - Brett Bellamy shot wide from 18 yards and Favell headed narrowly wide from a Ben Daly corner.
Just two minutes into the second half Bassett struck again and Huntingdon doubled their advantage.
Rovers looked to be out of the game but pulled a goal back in the 66th minute. A free kick by Bellamy was delivered into the penalty area but the clearance by the Huntingdon defence fell to Daly who struck his first goal for Eynesbury.
Jamie Graham then fired a free kick narrowly over the bar before he scored the host's equaliser 15 minutes from time. Beeny's long clearance was headed on by Rankin and then Favell set up Graham who scored with a low shot into the bottom right hand corner.
Rovers came close to snatching an injury time winner from a Graham free kick, but Rankin glanced his header wide of the post.
nMore football Page 110