Huntingdon and Eynesbury share the points
United Counties League Division One EYNESBURY ROVERS 2 HUNTINGDON TOWN 2 FOR the fourth league match in a row Eynesbury Rovers finished with just a point as they drew 2-2 at home with Huntingdon Town. However, Rovers had to battle back from 2-0 down in
United Counties League Division One
EYNESBURY ROVERS 2 HUNTINGDON TOWN 2
FOR the fourth league match in a row Eynesbury Rovers finished with just a point as they drew 2-2 at home with Huntingdon Town.
However, Rovers had to battle back from 2-0 down in this local derby and the point was enough to move them into second place in Division One.
You may also want to watch:
In a game of few clear cut chances Huntingdon had the first effort on target but Paul Neville's shot was comfortably held by Dave Beeny.
Rovers' best move came down the right as Jamie Graham beat two defenders before finding Ashley Favell. He laid the ball back to the edge of the penalty area but Dwayne Rankin's shot was blocked by a defender.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
The visitors took a 32nd minute lead when former Rovers striker Ian Dawkes fed Lee Bassett down the left. Bassett cut inside the penalty area before slotting the ball past Beeny.
Just before the break Eynesbury pressed for an equaliser - Brett Bellamy shot wide from 18 yards and Favell headed narrowly wide from a Ben Daly corner.
Just two minutes into the second half Bassett struck again and Huntingdon doubled their advantage.
Rovers looked to be out of the game but pulled a goal back in the 66th minute. A free kick by Bellamy was delivered into the penalty area but the clearance by the Huntingdon defence fell to Daly who struck his first goal for Eynesbury.
Jamie Graham then fired a free kick narrowly over the bar before he scored the host's equaliser 15 minutes from time. Beeny's long clearance was headed on by Rankin and then Favell set up Graham who scored with a low shot into the bottom right hand corner.
Rovers came close to snatching an injury time winner from a Graham free kick, but Rankin glanced his header wide of the post.
nMore football Page 110