ATHLETICS: Success by the Waterside for Huntingdon BRJ and Riverside Runners
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ enjoyed individual and team success at the Waterside 10k race last Sunday.
David Hudson sped to victory in the event at Grafham Water in a time of 33.34 with clubmates John Uff (seventh, 35.19) and James Orrell (eighth, 35.28) also earning top-10 finishes. Their combined exploits earned BRJ then men's team prize.
Shelley Duffy was the second female finisher in 40.54 while Alison Orrell took top spot in the FV55 age bracket with a 49.46 performance.
Riverside Runners provided the leading lady as Hannah Lord clocked 40.01 and the St Neots club also took the female team prize.
Emma Price, who was the third lady home in 41.14, and Sarah Taylor (49.37) also contributed to that effort.
There were male honours as well with Maurice Hemmingway the first finisher in the MV60 section in 45.10.
Russ Hewitt (38.53), Stuart Evans (40.10), Gary Reader (44.33), Wayne Bailey 946.52), Chris Elt (48.57), Alison Wright (56.38), Violetta Farrell (57.47), Sharon Elt (58.46), Kathryn Nethercott (58.50) and Janice Bruce (1.01.02) all set personal bests for the distance.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 6 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 9 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 10 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
Elsewhere last weekend, Riverside man Rodrigo Santos finished 10th in a stamina-sapping 82-mile event along the Norfolk Coast.