ATHLETICS: Success by the Waterside for Huntingdon BRJ and Riverside Runners
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ enjoyed individual and team success at the Waterside 10k race last Sunday.
David Hudson sped to victory in the event at Grafham Water in a time of 33.34 with clubmates John Uff (seventh, 35.19) and James Orrell (eighth, 35.28) also earning top-10 finishes. Their combined exploits earned BRJ then men's team prize.
Shelley Duffy was the second female finisher in 40.54 while Alison Orrell took top spot in the FV55 age bracket with a 49.46 performance.
Riverside Runners provided the leading lady as Hannah Lord clocked 40.01 and the St Neots club also took the female team prize.
Emma Price, who was the third lady home in 41.14, and Sarah Taylor (49.37) also contributed to that effort.
You may also want to watch:
There were male honours as well with Maurice Hemmingway the first finisher in the MV60 section in 45.10.
Russ Hewitt (38.53), Stuart Evans (40.10), Gary Reader (44.33), Wayne Bailey 946.52), Chris Elt (48.57), Alison Wright (56.38), Violetta Farrell (57.47), Sharon Elt (58.46), Kathryn Nethercott (58.50) and Janice Bruce (1.01.02) all set personal bests for the distance.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
Elsewhere last weekend, Riverside man Rodrigo Santos finished 10th in a stamina-sapping 82-mile event along the Norfolk Coast.