Hubbard wreaks havoc at Hilton
HILTON S winning sequence was brought to an end by Sawtry II in the Hunts League Division Five on Sunday. Sawtry batted first with number three Ian Bonsall blasting 91 runs as the visitors made a good start. However bowler Tuddy Frost ripped his way throu
HILTON'S winning sequence was brought to an end by Sawtry II in the Hunts League Division Five on Sunday.
Sawtry batted first with number three Ian Bonsall blasting 91 runs as the visitors made a good start.
However bowler Tuddy Frost ripped his way through the top order with superb figures of 5-23, limiting Sawtry to 200-9 from their 45 overs.
Hilton looked to have a chance of making the target but were let down by their batting.
You may also want to watch:
Bonsall took out the top three batsmen cheaply before a good partnership between Arnie Leader (46) and Mark Darlow (49) steadied the ship.
The pair put on 96 between them but Sawtry skipper Hubbard returned with a magnificent spell in which he took six Hilton wickets for one run in just 29 balls.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
The home side had no reply and were bowled out for 159, 41 runs short of their target.