Hubbard wreaks havoc at Hilton
HILTON S winning sequence was brought to an end by Sawtry II in the Hunts League Division Five on Sunday. Sawtry batted first with number three Ian Bonsall blasting 91 runs as the visitors made a good start. However bowler Tuddy Frost ripped his way throu
HILTON'S winning sequence was brought to an end by Sawtry II in the Hunts League Division Five on Sunday.
Sawtry batted first with number three Ian Bonsall blasting 91 runs as the visitors made a good start.
However bowler Tuddy Frost ripped his way through the top order with superb figures of 5-23, limiting Sawtry to 200-9 from their 45 overs.
Hilton looked to have a chance of making the target but were let down by their batting.
You may also want to watch:
Bonsall took out the top three batsmen cheaply before a good partnership between Arnie Leader (46) and Mark Darlow (49) steadied the ship.
The pair put on 96 between them but Sawtry skipper Hubbard returned with a magnificent spell in which he took six Hilton wickets for one run in just 29 balls.
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Tributes paid to Prince Philip from across Huntingdonshire
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 7 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'
- 8 Town rangers are the friendly face of the High Street
- 9 New shop opening in St Ives as lock-down eases on April 12
- 10 Students in Ramsey complete 180,874 minutes of exercise for school challenge
The home side had no reply and were bowled out for 159, 41 runs short of their target.