GYMNASTICS: Silver lining for Jarman in Paris
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Gymnastics Club talent Jake Jarman continued his emergence with a major medal last weekend.
Jarman earned silver in the vault final at the Paris World Challenge event.
The 17 year-old hot property produced an average score of 14.375 from his two efforts to finish behind home gymnast Loris Frasca.
Jarman's coach Ben Howells said: "This performance is a step forward for Jake, who has decided to compete as a senior gymnast a year early. It is fantastically encouraging and we want to see him build on it in the future."
Jaman also competed in the qualifying rounds on the floor and the parallel bars but didn't manage to reach the finals of those events.
You may also want to watch:
Jarman has signed to compete in the German Bundesliga - a professional gymnastics league - to continue his development.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes