HORSE RACING: Seven horses set for Peterborough Chase battle at Huntingdon Racecourse
- Credit: Archant
Seven horses have stood their ground to battle for Huntingdon Racecourse’s biggest prize.
A classy cast will go to post at 2pm tomorrow (Sunday) for the Betfred Peterborough Chase.
Josses Hill, for trainer Nicky Henderson and jockey Noel Fehily, is likely to go off favourite for the Grade 2 contest over a trip just short of two-and-a-half miles.
Henderson is double-handed with 8/1 shot Volnay De Thaix also taking its chance. Champion trainer Paul Nicholls is responsible for two of the other runners with former Queen Mother Champion Chase winner Dodging Bullets (ridden by Sam Twiston-Davies) and Art Maresque (Nick Scholfield) lining up.
More Of That, a former World Hurdle winner who is rated as a Gold Cup contender by his trainer Jonjo O’Neill, also features in the select field along with Tea For Two, a Nick Williams-trained horse ridden by history-making Lizzie Kelly.
You may also want to watch:
She became the first female jockey to win a Grade 1 chase when guiding the same horse to victory in the Kauto Star Novices Chase at Kempton Park on Boxing Day last year.
Big outsider Ratify, for trainer Dai Burchell and jockey Robert Dunne, completes the line-up for the highlight of a seven-race card which gets underway at 12.30pm.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Betfred Peterborough Chase best prices: 5/2 Josses Hill, 4/1 More Of That, 5/1 Tea For Two, Dodging Bullets, 8/1 Volnay De Thaix, 10/1 Art Maresque, 250/1 Ratify.