HORSE RACING: Pracutionary inspection at Huntingdon Racecourse ahead of Betfred Peterborough Chase day
- Credit: Archant
A precuationary inspection will be held ahead of the biggest fixture on the Huntingdon Racecourse calendar.
Clerk of the course Jack Pryor will take a look at the track at 7am on Sunday ahead of that day’s big Betfred Peterborough Chase card.
Temperatures are expected to drop below freezing tonight and tomorrow night. Frost covers have already been laid on the track to protect against the elements.
Speaking to PA Racing, Pryor said: “We are currently raceable and the course is in great nick, but we are forecast two back-to-back frosts.
“I’m confident we would race on Saturday, but with two successive frosts, there is just an element of risk there and we wanted to make people aware.
There is also a Listed bumper in addition to the Grade 2 highlight on Sunday’s seven-race card.
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 7 Roman Crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 8 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 9 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed