HORSE RACING: Huntingdon earns a big prize for being the ‘Best Small Racecourse’ in the Midlands
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Racecourse has toasted a major award hat-trick.
The local track has been named as the Best Small Racecourse in the Midlands for 2017 by the Racegoers Club of Great Britain – a group with 6,000 members nationwide.
Huntingdon captured the same crown in 2012 and 2014, and general manager Liam Johnson is delighted with the latest triumph.
He said: “We’re thrilled to have been given this award again by the most regular visitors to racecourses in Britain. It’s a real feather in our cap.”
Voters were asked for their scores in five categories - viewing experience, facilities, food & beverage, atmosphere and value for money.
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon was described as being: “One of the best small racecourses you can find. It’s excellent value and there is a clear view of the racecourse throughout.”
The next racing at Huntingdon is tomorrow (Wednesday) when the seven-race ‘Festival Fever’ card gets underway at 1.45pm. Racing from the Cheltenham Festival will also be beamed on big screens in addition to the live action.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding