HORSE RACING: Eight-race card to kick off the new season at Huntingdon Racecourse
- Credit: Archant
The starting tape goes up on a new season of National Hunt action at Huntingdon Racecourse tomorrow (Thursday).
The local track stages a card, sponsored by 32Red and boosted to eight races by a handicap hurdle splitting, which gets underway at 1.30pm.
And the opening race features a runner for a trainer considerably better known for his exploits on the Flat. Mark Johnston sends out Geophony in the 32Red Juvenile Hurdle – just his fourth runner at the venue in the past 30 years!
The same race features a first-ever runner at Huntingdon for another Scottish handler, Keith Dalgleish, who trains Eneko.
Leading jumps trainer Dan Skelton is much more of a regular here and has entered six horses to run in the first of seven fixtures at Huntingdon in the remainder of 2017.
You may also want to watch:
It’s a list which includes the headline Peterborough Chase card on December 10.
Entry tomorrow is £10 for adults if tickets are purchased in advance, while accompanied children aged 17 and under are admitted free.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
Tickets can be bought at http://huntingdon.thejockeyclub.co.uk or by calling 0844 5793007.