HORSE RACING: Charlies are in charge on final day before summer
- Credit: Archant
The Bank Holiday racing at Huntingdon Racecourse was a day to be a Charlie.
Trainer Charlie Mann won a race; jockey Charlie Hammond rode a winner; and racehorse Charlie Mon was victorious.
Favourite backers were soon off to a prosperous start as the 2-1 favourite Shotofwine took the opening race for conditional jockeys.
Then came the first victory for a Charlie. That was trainer Mann with 11-4 chance Ocean Jive in the maiden hurdle.
Osgood claimed the two-mile handicap hurdle at 11-1, the longest-priced winner of the day, while the extended two-mile handicap chase went the way of 100-30 fancy Deauville Dancer.
You may also want to watch:
Then it was back to the Charlies as jockey Hammond won the novices’ handicap chase on board the 10-1 shot Charlie Mon.
Captainofindustry, odds-on at 4-6, landed the two-and-a-half mile handicap chase for jockey Noel Fehily, while the closing Tickets Giveaway At 188Bet Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race went the way of Potterman at 13-8 on the horse’s racecourse debut.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured