HORSE RACING: A Huntingdon hat-trick could be on the cards in the Sidney Banks Memorial Novices’ Hurdle
- Credit: Archant
Trainer Warren Greatrex is expected to chase a big race hat-trick at Huntingdon Racecourse this Thursday.
The Lambourn-based handler has won the last two stagings of the Sidney Banks Memorial Novices’ Hurdle at the local venue.
He triumphed in the Listed contest, run over two miles and three-and-a-half furlongs, in 2016 with Ma Du Fou before sending out Keeper Hill to land the spoils last year.
Greatrex has entered the highly-regarded Western Ryder for the 2018 renewal with champion jockey Richard Johnson set to be in the saddle.
The seven-race card gets underway at 1.15pm and also features a tasty-looking Racing UK Handicap Hurdle. The two miles, three-and-a-half furlong contest, is worth more than £15,000 to the winner.
Main Enclosure admission for adults is £10 when purchased in advance – that rises to £15 on the day. Accompanied under 18s are admitted free of charge.
Tickets can be purchased at http://huntingdon.thejockeyclub.co.uk or on 0844 579 3007.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates