HORSE RACING: A Huntingdon hat-trick could be on the cards in the Sidney Banks Memorial Novices’ Hurdle
- Credit: Archant
Trainer Warren Greatrex is expected to chase a big race hat-trick at Huntingdon Racecourse this Thursday.
The Lambourn-based handler has won the last two stagings of the Sidney Banks Memorial Novices’ Hurdle at the local venue.
He triumphed in the Listed contest, run over two miles and three-and-a-half furlongs, in 2016 with Ma Du Fou before sending out Keeper Hill to land the spoils last year.
Greatrex has entered the highly-regarded Western Ryder for the 2018 renewal with champion jockey Richard Johnson set to be in the saddle.
The seven-race card gets underway at 1.15pm and also features a tasty-looking Racing UK Handicap Hurdle. The two miles, three-and-a-half furlong contest, is worth more than £15,000 to the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Main Enclosure admission for adults is £10 when purchased in advance – that rises to £15 on the day. Accompanied under 18s are admitted free of charge.
Tickets can be purchased at http://huntingdon.thejockeyclub.co.uk or on 0844 579 3007.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder