ATHLETICS: Success on two fronts for BRJ
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri enjoyed success at two events last weekend.
John Uff finished first in the M35-39 age category and second overall in the Peterborough Winter 10k with a fine time of 34.28.
Uff’s exploits – along with those of Joe Leonard (23rd, 41.17) n Paulus Maukonen (48th, 43.36) – helped BRJ earn honours in the male team event.
Shelley Duffy was the third female finisher in a time of 43.11 in her comeback from an injury layoff while Clive Best also gained a podium position when finishing second in the M65-69 in 53.44.
Annette Newton enjoyed success in the Tarpley 20 Mile race.
You may also want to watch:
She completed the tough Bury St Edmunds event in 2:53.16 to triumph in the F65 age bracket.
Alice Synge (84th, 2;38.10), Melaine Wiffin (114th, 2;45.55), Alice Edwards (124th, 2:49.00 and Amanda Roland-Convey (156th, 2:57.22) also ran well for BRJ.
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 4 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 5 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 6 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years