Home start for St Ives Town in their historic season while St Neots hit the road
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Town will launch their first-ever season of Step 3 football with a home fixture.
The Saints host Stratford Town in their Southern League Premier Division opener on Saturday, August 6.
Manager Ricky Marheineke said: “There will be no easy games, but it is nice that our first one is at home.
“We have to be happy with that and we’ll be aiming to start in the best possible way.
“The anticipation has been building for a while and hopefully it will be a day that everyone enjoys.”
St Neots Town will hit the road for their first test of the 2016/17 campaign. They go to Slough on August 6.
The two Huntingdonshire sides also meet each other early in the season. St Ives host St Neots on Tuesday, August 16 with a return clash on November 22.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 2 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 5 Huntingdonshire History Festival returns this summer
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 More roads should come under 20mph scheme, say councillors
- 9 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 10 Cambridgeshire records one of lowest Covid fine rates in country
The two local clubs have also learned the identity of their opponents in the opening round of the Southern League Challenge Cup.
St Ives will host King’s Lynn Town while St Neots entertain Kettering Town.