Home start for St Ives Town in their historic season while St Neots hit the road
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Town will launch their first-ever season of Step 3 football with a home fixture.
The Saints host Stratford Town in their Southern League Premier Division opener on Saturday, August 6.
Manager Ricky Marheineke said: “There will be no easy games, but it is nice that our first one is at home.
“We have to be happy with that and we’ll be aiming to start in the best possible way.
“The anticipation has been building for a while and hopefully it will be a day that everyone enjoys.”
You may also want to watch:
St Neots Town will hit the road for their first test of the 2016/17 campaign. They go to Slough on August 6.
The two Huntingdonshire sides also meet each other early in the season. St Ives host St Neots on Tuesday, August 16 with a return clash on November 22.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
The two local clubs have also learned the identity of their opponents in the opening round of the Southern League Challenge Cup.
St Ives will host King’s Lynn Town while St Neots entertain Kettering Town.