HOCKEY: St Ives sides so close to completing a clean sweep of successes
- Credit: Archant
A second-half equaliser cost St Ives a clean sweep last Saturday.
Six teams representing the local club in East Men’s League and East Women’s League action all claimed victory, but the Ladies 2nds had to settle for a draw after being pegged back in their home date against Spalding 2nds.
They hit the front in the Division Three North-West contest courtesy of an Alex McAdam strike, but they were pegged back after the break.
Elsewhere, the Ladies 1sts collected their first victory after promotion to Division One North.
They triumphed 3-2 at Colchester thanks to a brace of Vicky Leighton goals and a Claire Wibberley-Young effort, while the Ladies 3rds continued their high-scoring ways in Division Four North-West (South).
You may also want to watch:
Laura Beadles, Pauline Hammond, Emily Philpott and Hannah King all bagged braces in a 10-0 drubbing of Ely City 3rds. Shona Drummond and an own goal completed their haul.
Four St Ives men’s sides powered to victory last Saturday. The table-topping 3rds were the highest scorers as they extended their perfect start to the Division Five North-West season to three matches.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
Matt Jago (2), Alex Paddock, Mike McKenna, Alex Ginns and Oliver Dwight struck in a 6-1 rout of Louth.
St Ives 2nds also lead the way in Division Four North-West after a pair of Peter Young goals helped to see off City of Peterborough 6ths. Peter Liddle and Ewan Morgan also found the net in a 4-1 triumph.
And St Ives 1sts are also going well in Division Three North-West as they seek an immediate promotion after just failing to escape the clutches of relegation last season.
Dave Land, James Lloyd, Michael Jenner, Rory Mooney and an own goal earned a 5-0 victory against Spalding 2nds.
And the wave of success was completed by St Ives 4ths’ winning start to the new Division Six North-West (South) season as they beat Cambridge South 4ths 2-1.