Hockey round-up: St Ives seal opening-day win
Norwich City II 2-3 St Ives I ST IVES made their visit to Norwich worthwhile with an opening day league win. They fell behind to an early score when the hosts made the most of a short corner, but soon settled and Dave Land began to pull the strings in mid
Norwich City II 2-3 St Ives I
ST IVES made their visit to Norwich worthwhile with an opening day league win.
They fell behind to an early score when the hosts made the most of a short corner, but soon settled and Dave Land began to pull the strings in midfield.
Derrick Pope brought the scores back level and a short corner in the closing minutes of the first half saw Darren Coles hit the roof of the net.
You may also want to watch:
Saints created chances after the break but the home side found the net when another short corner was dispatched. With the game looking likely to end in a draw it was some skilful play by Pope that saw the points on the way back to St Ives.
St Ives II lost 3-1 at home to Rutland with Alfie Brennan on the mark for Ives.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
Ives III's match with Spalding III ended all square at 2-2, but St Ives IV took a 4-0 mauling at the hands of Boston. There were plenty of goals when St Ives V took a 4-4 draw at Wisbech.
St Ives Ladies II are already showing form this year with their third win in a row. Cambridge City III were on the receiving end this time as Ives won 2-0.