Cheshunt II 0 St Neots III 4 ST NEOTS were promoted as champions with two games remaining after they cruised to victory at Cheshnut. Abi Bruce grabbed an early goal, but then the visitors took a long time to establish themselves. Finally a free hit found
Cheshunt II 0 St Neots III 4
ST NEOTS were promoted as champions with two games remaining after they cruised to victory at Cheshnut. Abi Bruce grabbed an early goal, but then the visitors took a long time to establish themselves. Finally a free hit found Juliana Dickinson who turned the ball in the double their advantage before the break.
Better and more flowing play in the second half saw Ali McMurray extend the lead after some good approach play from Meg Patrick. Bruce made a certain victory even more impressive when she forced the ball over the line after a goal mouth scramble.
East League Division One NW
You may also want to watch:
City of Peterborough 2 St Ives 1
ST IVES struggled to cope with Peterborough's slow pitch and were soon under pressure. The hosts opened the scoring to kick Ives into action, drawing level in the second half. The visitors went on to dominate possession but it was Peterborough who got the winning goal.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
St Ives 2 Wisbech Town 1
A DOMINATING performance saw St Ives scrape through against Wisbech at the Ivo. Vicky Warner crossed for Emily Crack to put the hosts ahead, but Wisbech pressed and had equalised by the interval. The second half saw end to end play with Vicky Leighton scoring from a penalty corner to ensure Ives won.
Cambs League Premier Division
St Ives II 3 (Hendry, Davies ) Huntingdon 0
HUNTINGDON were crushed at the Ivo as the hosts stormed to a derby day win to avoid relegation. Kate Hendry and Vishara Davies scored in a commanding first half to put Saints 2-0 ahead and they continued to swarm around the Huntingdon half after the break. Davies scored again with minutes left to wrap up a deserved victory.