East League Division One Cambridge City III 6 St Ives 3 CAMBRIDGE City thumped St Ives to increase their relegation worries. The visitors had good possession early on but failed to create chances and were soon punished as Cambridge opened the scoring. Ive
East League Division One
Cambridge City III 6 St Ives 3
CAMBRIDGE City thumped St Ives to increase their relegation worries. The visitors had good possession early on but failed to create chances and were soon punished as Cambridge opened the scoring. Ives hit back as a penalty corner was converted by Ben Scarrow to equalise for half time.
Alex Gutteridge put the visitors ahead early in the second half and Alex Cade looked to have won the game as he gave them a two goal cushion. However, Ives were hit by two penalty corners and conceded three goals on the counter as they looked to kill the game and the hosts finished comfortable winners.
You may also want to watch:
East Men's League Division Four NW
St Ives II 5 Cambridge Nomads III 0
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
ST IVES eased past bottom-placed Cambridge Nomads in their push for promotion. The visitors offered little resistance as Ives camped in their half but the hosts led by only one at the interval thanks to Jo Brenan.
The second half saw Ives use their possession to score, with Brennan getting a second and Pat Cooney getting another two to put the game out of sight for the visitors. Neil Tuffin completed the rout and consolidated their second place in the league.
City of Peterborough V 6 St Ives III 2
PETERBOROUGH ploughed past St Ives in their promotion push and were 2-0 ahead by the interval. Andy Moore scored after James Cahill forced an error to reduce the deficit but their hopes of getting back into the game were quickly dashed when the hosts scored three in quick succession to ensure their win. John Tudor fired home from a penalty corner but a sixth goal cemented the win and made sure that Ives now need two wins from their last three to avoid relegation.
East Men's League Division Five NW
St Ives IV 3 Cambridge South III 1
East Men's League Division SevenNW
Spalding V 1 St Ives V 2