HOCKEY: Philpott strikes to earn success for St Ives 2nds in title decider
- Credit: Archant
St Ives 2nds claimed a dramatic East Men’s League title triumph last Saturday.
Robbie Philpott hit the only goal as the local side beat Wisbech Town 2nds in a winner-takes-all finale to the campaign.
St Ives 1sts received a walkover as champions Harleston Magpies failed to raise a team for their final Division Two North contest.
St Neots 3rds shared 10 goals with March Town 2nds in their final Division Five North-West game of the campaign. Nathan Read and Jack Nethercott both struck twice for the locals with Adam Horlock also finding the net.
Relegated St Neots 4ths’ tough season at that level ended with a 6-0 loss to Louth 1sts.
The East Women’s League season ended on a losing note for St Neots 1sts.
They were beaten 4-1 at Lowestoft in their final Division One North outing. Summer Payne hit a consolation goal in her debut at this level.
- 1 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 2 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 3 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 4 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 5 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
- 6 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Little Gransden Air and Car Show to celebrate 30 years of fundraising for children in need
- 9 War-time crash crew take on street names in Godmanchester
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
Christine Deeks grabbed the only goal as St Neots 4ths beat Royston 3rds in their penultimate Division Five North-West (South) outing.
A tough season ended with a win for St Ives 2nds in Division Two North-West. Shona Drummond and Nichola Guerrero hit the goals in a 2-1 win against Pelicans.