HOCKEY: Philpott strikes to earn success for St Ives 2nds in title decider
- Credit: Archant
St Ives 2nds claimed a dramatic East Men’s League title triumph last Saturday.
Robbie Philpott hit the only goal as the local side beat Wisbech Town 2nds in a winner-takes-all finale to the campaign.
St Ives 1sts received a walkover as champions Harleston Magpies failed to raise a team for their final Division Two North contest.
St Neots 3rds shared 10 goals with March Town 2nds in their final Division Five North-West game of the campaign. Nathan Read and Jack Nethercott both struck twice for the locals with Adam Horlock also finding the net.
Relegated St Neots 4ths’ tough season at that level ended with a 6-0 loss to Louth 1sts.
You may also want to watch:
The East Women’s League season ended on a losing note for St Neots 1sts.
They were beaten 4-1 at Lowestoft in their final Division One North outing. Summer Payne hit a consolation goal in her debut at this level.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
Christine Deeks grabbed the only goal as St Neots 4ths beat Royston 3rds in their penultimate Division Five North-West (South) outing.
A tough season ended with a win for St Ives 2nds in Division Two North-West. Shona Drummond and Nichola Guerrero hit the goals in a 2-1 win against Pelicans.