HOCKEY: One St Neots side celebrate title success - and others home in on honours of their own
- Credit: Archant
St Neots are celebrating title success – courtesy of their Men’s 4ths.
Geoff Watts’ unbeaten side wrapped up the East Men’s League Division Six North-West (South) crown in style courtesy of a derby triumph last Saturday.
Sean Sanderson hit a hat-trick in a 4-0 victory against St Ives 4ths, with Danny Rowland-Cox also finding the net.
That was one of only two wins managed by the club’s male sides last weekend – the other came from the 1sts in Division Three North-West.
It also featured a hat-trick with Danny Stephenson doing most of the damage in a 5-0 success against Cambridge City Vets. Bradley Forsdick provided the other two goals.
You may also want to watch:
A brace from Kevin Sequenza helped the 3rds draw 3-3 with Cambridge City 6ths in Division Five North-West. Sam Setchell also struck in that deadlock, but the 2nds went down heavily, 5-1 to Cambridge Nomads 2nds, in Division Four North-West.
Three St Neots ladies sides are also chasing honours this season.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
The club’s new 4ths outfit have enjoyed a terrific debut campaign in Division Five of the Five Counties Women’s League.
A 5-0 success against Letchworth 5ths last weekend kept them a point behind leaders Bedford 6ths – and with a game in hand.
Eleanor Pybus struck twice in the latest victory while her mother, Andrea, took the player-of-the-match accolade. Niamh Gaynor, Kira Herbert and Charlie Churms were the other goalscorers.
The 2nds are still in the promotion hunt in Division Three after a 4-0 victory against Broxbourne 4ths.
Sue Glover hit a hat-trick and Sophie Draper also found the net for a team who sit a point behind second-placed Hertford 3rds with a game in hand.
St Neots 1sts remain top of Division Two North-West in the East Women’s League despite after a 2-0 victory against Bourne Deeping 1sts last weekend.
Tanya Sargeant and Mary Richardson earned that success with second-half goals.
The 3rds drew 1-1 with their Newmarket equivalents in Division Four North-West (South).